Thanks for stopping by my site. Here you can find my books and art. Any questions don't hesitate to ask - email@example.com. Till JUNE 24th - You can help my next book, "NOAH" become a Reality.
I'm THRILLED to start my 10th book (scroll down to see others and pictures!) and first KickStarter project WITH YOU. KickStarter allows for an intimate involvement throughout the creation process from the get go. I can't imagine a more enjoyable way of creating a book. I have the firm belief that this particular work is very important and carries with it a message that will be profound to our generation and future.
My project is simply the retelling, illustratively, of the biblical story of NOAH. ...But in its "EPIC-ness"! And using NO WORDS. That's right, this is not a preachy book unless you wish to fault me in providing a sermon through pictures. This book is NOT about a little boat, cute fluffy animals that come in "twosies" BUT a book that explores the WHOLE story as I've read it and poured over the biblical text. The story is one of my favorites and I am so compelled to tackle it with everything I have. Please come alongside me and help me to share one of the most meaningful and beloved stories of all time.
HOW KICKSTARTER WORKS (IT'S SIMPLE and TOO COOL)
This is a "Crowd Funded" Project - Meaning it will be because of YOU I can do this book.
1. Read About and Decide whether you want to Back this (I certainly hope you do!)
2. IF YOU DO!! - CHOOSE the "GIFT" you want (See all the Gifts - they range greatly)
3. IF We GET Our Goal Amount - You Get Your GIFT (YES!! That is what we want!)
3. IF We DON't GET Our Goal Amount - We Get Nothing (We don't want this...)
4. And YOU are NOT CHARGED. (Phew! Yes... This is an important detail)
How YOU can HELP? - BACK IT - OR - SHARE IT ...OR BOTH!
Why is THIS "re-telling" of Noah is unique?
Aside from my illustrative style, my approach explores much of the inferred aspects of the story, or, what I read between the lines. This work seeks to flesh out the man, his world, his family and show the very real obstacles he faced, the ingenuity he used, the creativity he employed and the faith in which he walked. This story as I read it, while full of redemption, beauty and hope has also the grim reality of judgement on such a grand scale as never before or since seen. The story lifts my eyes to see a God who is awesome and terrifying, while full of love and compassion; I believe that to sidestep these aspects of the story is a disservice to all.
The whole family and really, all ages, will enjoy this work. Most already know the story, but unfortunately, most have what I would term a "sunday school version" of it. This story is deserving of more then a cursory glance and when one does really read it - Holy Mackerel! It is incredible!
What will be created and what your backing will enable?
- You are backing the creation of a wordless picture book, created by me, Mark Ludy, then packaged and bound in a quality hardbound edition (Retail Price will be $19.95 - $24.95). We'll as well be offering a Limited Edition Boxed Set (learn more about this gift and others to the RIGHT).
- Plus! All the illustrative art released in the finished work will be made available for you art lovers out there. Only 100 of each illustration will be released in its original size, each signed and numbered with certificate of authenticity. This art will be brought to gallery showings where the whole story of Noah will line the walls - where communities can discover the story of NOAH in a unique artistic way.
The story is storyboarded with many sketched renditions worked out, but needs to be fully fleshed out. The KickStarter enables this while meeting the costs of printing, binding, distribution, the marketing of the book, it's Limited Edition boxed set, the Limited Edition Giclee Art and all ancillary products associated with, and in, the book of "Noah". I will keep in touch with you letting you know when we receive the books and when we start fulfillment. The art on the other hand will be ready for showings and fulfillment in 6 months.
- One cool thing is you'll be able to follow the whole creation of the book through my Facebook page - as it materializes. This I think is the most intriguing part of the whole project... to come alongside its creation and become more intimately involved in the whole thing.
Who am I?
I'm sure after watching the video I could be written off as just a nut - which I certainly can be. I do love to laugh and cut up - but just as much, love to be serious and be about the things I think matter - and my work I take very seriously (of course in the funnest possible way!).
I have always loved drawing and discovered when I was 18 that I was a "communicator" and that the pen, the paper, words, etc.. were just TOOLS in the hand of the communicator.
I'm grateful for the opportunities I've had in my life to date. I've written and illustrated a number of children's picture books, 9 total. I have a small publishing house that has 4 of those works but haven't fed it with one since 2005. As a result I know what is involved in publishing a book and a fair understanding of what it will take to do this project well.
My passion is people and I love to connect through the arts. I've been professionally using my talent in a myriad of ways since 1994. The art I create has an edge of whimsy, an undercurrent of soul and a dash of humor (and sometimes that can change piece to piece).
THANKS for coming alongside this project!!